O-rings are widely used as seals for movable and fixed joints of hydraulic, oil-burning and pneumatic devices.
Depending on the requirements for the item, they may have the following properties:
- Oil and gasoline resistance.
- Gas tightness.
- Working pressure from 10 to 50 MPa.
- Operating temperature from -600C to + 2000C.
- The inner diameter of the O-ring is from 3 to 250 mm.
- Diameter of section is from 1 to 30 mm.
Resistance to media depending on O-ring design:
1 – Good, 2 – Fair, 3 – Questionable, 4 – Poor.
|Material||ASTM D1418||Standard Temperature Range (°C)||Petroleum Fluids||Ozone||Resistance Weather (UV)||Vacuum||Compression Set||Resilience|
|Nitrile||NBR||-55 to +135||1||4||4||2||1||2|
|Fluorocarbon||FKM||-40 to +275||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Ethilene propilene||EP||-55 to +150||4||4||4||2||2||2|
|Silicone||VMQ||-60 to +315||3||1||1||4||1||2|
|Fluorosilicone||FVMQ||-60 to +200||1||1||1||3||1||2|
|Chloroprene||CR||-55 to +125||2||2||2||2||2||2|